Most organizations today recognize the importance of improving customer service to differentiate from the competitors. However, this is an outdated thinking and no longer appropriate! Customer service is only a touchpoint of a whole experience. What people are looking for today are experiences that will make a difference in their ordinary life, generate positive emotions which can then be shared with their friends and families. Those who share their experience wish to see your organization do more business and to succeed. Consequently, customer experience is one of the primary generators of the most powerful marketing tool: positive word of mouth. In order to achieve this, organizations must start thinking strategically about how to incorporate customer experience (and beyond) in their structure. However, where do we begin? The very first step of a successful customer experience is listening to their preferences and thinking strategically on how to translate these elements into the organizational structure. After this module, participants will discover the importance of bringing customer experience to the strategic level and/or vice versa. It will also prepare the participants with the right knowledge, competencies and mindset to think strategically when designing experience for customer alignment and competitive differentiation.
By the end of the Module, participants will be able to:
- Explain how strategic thinking and design influence the customer service experience
- Translate strategies into organization's operational activities which influence service experience
- Explore effective practices for bringing the voice of the customer/guests into the organisation for strategic design
- Develop and implement a rational customer experience in line with organization's strategy
- Integrate strategic thinking and brand service values into daily actions for customer experience enhancement
- Defend the importance of thinking strategically and bringing your organization closer to your customers/guests
To learn more about this subject and to upgrade your expertise, knowledge and mindset we propose you the Postgraduate Programme delivered by the Bucharest University of Economic Studies (ASE) and Ecole hôtelière de Lausanne (EHL) through its consulting and executive education division, Lausanne Hospitality Consulting (LHC). The curriculum enables the participants to continue working while attending the program (see http://hospitality.ase.ro/). This Postgraduate will start in September 2018 at ASE Bucharest.